1) What are Reserve Books and Readings Collection (RBR)?
RBR is a library service that allows members of Faculty to set aside print and AV materials to be made available on a short-term loan (2 hours for books and 4 hours for AV) for the duration of that module. This is done so that there is easy access to course materials.
2) What materials are placed on RBR?
Course textbooks, both required and supplementary, are placed into RBR. Ordering of textbooks is done at the start of the semester through this form.
3) Besides the Required Reading ordering process, how can I request for items to go into RBR?
Members of Faculty can request for items to be placed into RBR by email at email@example.com. Please provide the Module Code and Name when making the request.
4) Can we have more than one copy of the title on RBR?
The Library will purchase only one copy of all required texts, optional texts, and additional readings. Two copies may be purchased for large classes that have 50 students or more. Where available and appropriate, e-books will also be considered for purchase.
5) How long will it take for a title to be put into RBR?
In general, if a title is available, it will take between 3 to 5 days for it to be placed into RBR. If a title is not available, it will be acquired. Lead time between 4-12 weeks is required for sourcing and processing.
6) How long can a student borrow an RBR item for?
They can borrow 2 RBR items for a maximum of 2 hours and 4 hours for AV during the day and overnight when you borrow 2 hours before the Library closes.
|Library Opening Hours||Overnight starts after||RBR items are due an hour after Service Desk opens the next day|
|Sat & Sun||10am-6pm||4 pm|