1) What are Reserve Books and Readings Collection (RBR)?
RBR is a library service that allows members of Faculty to set aside print materials to be made available on a short-term loan for the duration of that module. This is done so that there is easy access to course material.
2) What materials are placed on RBR?
Course textbooks, both required and supplementary, are placed into RBR. Ordering of textbooks is done at the start of the semester through this form.
3) Besides the Textbook ordering process, how can I request for items to go into RBR?
Members of Faculty can request for items to be placed into RBR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Can we have more than one copy of the title on RBR?
The Library will purchase only one copy of all required texts, optional texts, and additional readings. Two copies may be purchased for large classes that have 50 students or more.
5) How long will it take for a title to be put into RBR?
If a title is available at NUS Libraries, we will need 3 to 5 working days to get the title ready.
If a title is not available at NUS Libraries, it will have to be acquired and a lead time of up to 3 months will be required.
6) How long can a student borrow an RBR item for?
They can be borrowed for a maximum of 2 hours during the day and overnight when you borrow 2 hours before the Library closes.
|Library Opening Hours||Overnight starts after||RBR items are due an hour after the Library opens the next day.|
|Sat & Sun||10am-6pm||4pm|