How do I place a hold on a book?
You can place a hold on an item that is currently on loan, ie item with the status “DUE DD/MM/YY”. Follow the steps below to place reservation or hold on the item.
- Search for the item in LINC.
- Click [Request].
- Enter your student matric or staff number and PIN.
- Click [Submit].
- Click on the copy you want to request, such as the one with the earliest due date or the library you frequent.
- Click [Request Selected Item].
- Upon successful request, the below message will be displayed.
- Your request for [title] was successful.
Note: If there are other holds on an item e.g. DUE DD-MM-YY +1 HOLD, when you request the item you join the queue for the item becoming the second requester.